Saturday, February 26, 2011

Note to Self-Saturday: A Full house...

Two toddler boys (3&4) a hubby, a mommy, a Dixie (20 year old live in friend/nanny/helper/awesomeness) & two puppies... wow. FULL HOUSE! Oh, and of course one on the way!! Good thing we bought a nice, big house this year or there wouldn't be room for us all!

Today has been a non stop day of laundry... I think I have done about 6 loads in the last couple days, and folded them allllll today. I swear, just as Im getting finished - the monster pile comes out of nowhere and I start all over. Its never ending. And today - to top it all off my lovely home destroying puppies pee'd all over my fresh out of the dryer sheets... RIGHT in front of me. Ugh. These puppies are gunna be the end of me. They are more destructive and messy than my kids. They are the only puppies in the world that I've ever head of to chew through rubber toys made for big dogs... I bet in the last 6 months we have spend well over $200 on pacifiers, why? Because in a BLINK, they pups will take off with one and disappear. Later we find it chewed to pieces... Zaq bought this one last night. Its outrageous. They have chewed trim off my walls and around some of the door frames, they have ruined expensive toys and countless puzzle pieces. They've been being potty trained outside for months and still poop & pee inside at least once a day. And the thing that makes me the most crazy... is that we have brand new shag carpet (which they scratched a huge hole into in one spot) but I can see if they have accidents on the carpet, so just have to get it cleaned. I don't even know what to do anymore. I love my puppies - but any more I can't even enjoy them.  Every time they are out, something gets ruined. Every room in the house has to have the door shut completely or something disappears! We are talking 9 month old Chihuahuas here!! Not giant great danes or St. Barnards! Im running out of ideas... out of patience... if any of you have any idea what i can do to make this chaos stop, let me know. Ive tried loads of toys... rubber chew toys, rope toys, congs, and they ruin it all... and the pacifiers, they will chew it right to the nub. HELP ME!! If i dont get this figured out before the baby comes, they're gunna have to go... I just can't take it anymore...


4 comments:

  1. My aunt has had a lot of little dogs and says you need to train them outside and to always have a piddle pad out for them indoors. They're just so small. My mother in laws dog still chews stuff but it's usually her own toys so it's not too big of a deal.
    Ah and of course my new cat is driving me NUTS by jumping in the crib with Lil at night and she's clawing up the furniture so I feel your pain :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sorry Amber.. I think from what I've read the pups peeing in front of you a disrespectful sign. ugh its late and I don't know how to put it in to words but they are basically saying they are in charge... Some puppy training and crate training may be in order and teach them you and daddy are boss!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you guys can find a solution for those very naughty puppies!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Maybe they need to take longer walks. They have too much energy and they get bored and destructive. Walking will do it! Outside in the backyard isnt the same. Let me know how it goes. Seriously, this should help!

    ReplyDelete