Sunday, January 20, 2013

Yo Gabba Gabba Live was AMAZING!!!

Wednesday night we were treated the amazing show - Yo Gabba Gabba Live... and let me tell you it was AWESOME! If you ever have the chance to go, you definitely should. Im pretty sure I had a permanent smile on my face. Yes, Im a 26 year old Gabba fan. IF I wasn't smiling at one of my favorite songs... I was smiling watching my kids sing and dance along... If you're tuning in to our blog for the first time, then Ill fill you in. I have a 1 year old daughter, and 2 sons - ages 5 & 6. My husband Zaq went along as well. I spent some time the days before we went making them Gabba shirts to wear to the show and they were a HUGE hit. Lookin good kids!

*click on any photo to enlarge*


The show was 1/16 at 6pm at the Orpheum theatre down town Minneapolis. Parking was a breeze - super close and just $5. Even with three kiddo's and below freezing temps - it was super simple. We got inside and got our tickets. Stripped off the bundled on winter wear and showed off their sweet new Gabba outfits. Once getting inside we were super excited to find out we got passes to the VIP party after for a meet and greet. But more to come on that later. Immediately inside the door they had tons of souvenir options from toys to tour shirts... and also offered snack packs of juice boxes, gold fish, fruit snacks and more for just $5 - which was great since the show started right around dinner time. They had a couple little activities for the kids set up... a bean bag toss and a music station. The kids loved it!



We got in and settled in our seats and waited eagerly for the show to begin!

And now - a photo montage of all our favorite parts :)



Mike Park:

Don't Be afraid... don't be afraid... don't be afraid... its ok... 

She was just LOVING it.

During intermission - the boys sat super patiently while playing their new Hello Friends! Yo Gabba Gabba app. 

 After a short break they jumped into my personal favorite part.... WE BE BUGGIN!
When Biz pulled kids out of the crowd - I about melted from cute overload listening to them "spit beats"... so so so cute.

And Izzaq's favorite part? Probably the Bubbles... he was slightly excited to see that ;)
 

Time to say goodbye... but only for a little while!

Afterwards we walked over to the VIP party - which I HIGHLY recommend upgrading your tickets to... amazing, amazing, amazing. Each kid got the chance to take a one on one photo with their favorite characters... Give a hug to Biz - High 5 with DJ Lance - and color and play with new friends...
 Izzaq was SO happy to get to high five DJ Lance - he had to tell EVERYONE all about it... and they didn't want to leave. It was an amazing night and I am so thankful we had to opportunity to experience it. The kids are getting so grown up so fast - and soon they won't be excited about things like this, so I try to soak up every bit of it I can. The fact that they were zonked out in the back seat 5 minutes into the drive home - is enough to say we can call the evening a complete success...
For tour info - visit www.yogabbagabbalive.com to find out when they're coming to a city near you!

1 comment: