Sunday, July 18, 2010

Fashback...

So... Im planning ahead for a flash back... right now its Friday... but technically when I post this it will be Sunday... and ill hopefully probably be passed out in my giant bed at the Hard Rock... and I knew i would just HAVE to post a little something for you... For those of you that have seen all these... sorry for being repetitive, lol just thought it would be fun... lots of newbies here now to share with!

A year ago, July 18th 2009, I married my hubby. We had a small, close family & friends wedding... almost 100% handmade and very eco friendly decor... I tried VERY hard to make it special in this manor. We were on a tight budget so I worked out trades with many etsiers... and in the end, it turned out to be absolutely beautiful, and we were even featured on The Off Beat Bride! What an honor. IT was a beautiful day, and im SO glad we did it this way, rather than the big over the top wedding. Take a peek at some of my favorite pics and reminisce with me :)
I was married in Sequin Black Mono Converse :) And my dress was on clearance from Jessica McClintock for $135. SCORE! Though, if I could change anything, I would have splurged and gotten a handmade etsy dress :)
My engagement ring was made on Etsy, a shop that specifically deals with Titanium & Diamonds, LOVE it... and I rigged up the cake topper w/ the guitar :)
I did the flowers myself... red roses, black feathers & damask fabric scraps. LOVED them. Cost me about $50 to make all 6 bouquets... and the flower girl threw dried rose petals from when zaq gave me flowers when the boys' were born. Saved money & VERY special.
Zaq wrote me a song, played it during the ceremony, it everyone clapped when he finished, lol it was perfect.
Ties were handmade from RokGear on Etsy... the boys' vests were made my Grandma Dawn...
family. 
The cutest Skully Bride & Groom, a gift from a friend, bought on etsy.
awesomest wedding party on earth :)
he was saying something naughty....
I love you baby. I can't be me without you.

1 comment:

  1. I loved seeing all the photographs again, Amber!
    Happy anniversary guys!
    Your wedding is an awesome source of inspiration for those of us that want to go for a small, mostly handmade wedding!

    ReplyDelete