Thursday, January 14, 2010

Thursdays Tunes: Jack Johnson - Better Together


I Wub this song... i begged zaq to let me use it in the wedding but he denied it, lol 
There's no combination of words 
I could put on the back of a postcard, 
No song that I could sing 
But I can try for your heart, 
Our dreams, and they are made out of real things, 
Like a shoebox of photographs, 
With sepiatone loving,
Love is the answer 
At least for most of the questions in my heart ,
Like why are we here? And where do we go? 
And how come it's so hard? 
It's not always easy,
And sometimes life can be deceiving, 
I'll tell you one thing, its always better when we're together 

[Chorus:] 
MMM, it's always better when we're together 
Yeah, we'll look at the stars when we're together 
Well, it's always better when we're together 
Yeah, it's always better when we're together 

[Verse 2:]
And all of these moments 
Just might find their way into my dreams tonight 
But I know that they'll be gone, 
When the morning light sings 
And brings new things,
But tomorrow night you see 
That they'll be gone too, 
Too many things I have to do, 
But if all of these dreams might find their way 
Into my day to day scene 
I'll be under the impression, 
I was somewhere in-between 
With only two, 
Just me and you 
Not so many things we got to do, 
Or places we got to be 
We'll sit beneath the mango tree now

Yeah, it's always better when we're together 
MMM, We're somewhere in-between together 
Well, it's always better when we're together 
Yeah, it's always better when we're together 

MmMMmm MmMMm MmMMm 
I believe in memories 
They look so, so pretty when I sleep 
Hey now, and when, and when I wake up, 
You look so pretty sleeping next to me 
But there is not enough time, 
And there is no, no song I could sing 
And there is no combination of words I could say 
But I will still tell you one thing, 
We're better together

2 comments:

  1. I looove that song... and you blog. Just found it bc of RockerByeBaby, which I like too. Anyway... I'm going to use this song in my wedding.... Our first dance will be to Banana Pancakes from the same album!! Love your style!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Umm..oops I meant to type BrookeVanGory where I typed the name of your blog.... multi-tasking mistake!

    ReplyDelete